Tuesday 12 April 2011

Brother please forgive me

Brother please forgive me
for I know not what I do
The things I ought
just seem to haunt
I do the things
that I don't really want to

You seem to have it all together
I know that's just the pot
calling the kettle white

My heart gets cracked and hard
like the dust from which it came
Nothin' grows
in a dry furrow
I cut you down
before I even see you

You seem to float like life is light as a feather
I know that's just a weight
to sink us both

I got a friend in Jesus
and I know He's your man
He built a bridge between us
I burnt it a bit
I didn't really mean to

He said to love your neighbor
And I know who that means, too
He dug a quiet harbor
I'm glad it's you
Would you let me be one too

I'll see you rise just like mist on the water
I know that's something I'd
like to do with you

Copyright Mitch Murphy

No comments:

Post a Comment