Monday 12 February 2018

How do you cover me

Where do I run
When my legs turn to lead?
Where do I turn
When there’s rocks in my head?
Where is the rock?
When I’ve laid myself bare
On the front, in the fire
In a swarm of crosshairs?

How do you cover me oh so well?
How do you heavenly, find me in hell?
How do you look at me
How do you shine
From this temple of dust?
Your blood has bought mine

Where are the ones
Who accuse me of wrong?
The prophet killers sons?
Where is the throng?
Where’re my accusers?
Only those with no blame
Stand in front of me now
Son of God, son of man

How do you cover me oh so well?
How do you heavenly find me in hell?
How do you look at me?
How do you shine
From this temple of dust?
Your blood has bought mine

Shepherd leaves the 99 safe
Shepherd seeks the one
Shepherd sings when the one is redeemed
More than for all in the fold.
He sings much more for the one who was lost
Than he sings for all in the fold

Why do I stray
With a shepherd like you?
Why do I wander
Mistrust and dislike you?
How do you love me
Let me count up the ways
Unending forgiveness
From a heart unrestrained

See how you cover me and nurse me to health
Look how your heavenly lights up my hell
Look how you look at me 
See how you shine
On this child of your mercy

Your blood has bought mine

No comments:

Post a Comment